SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (KOLO) – The rapid Caldor fire has forced three South Lake Tahoe post offices to temporarily close.
Starting Tuesday, August 31, customers normally served by the following offices should come to the Carson City Post Office for mail pickup:
- South Lake Tahoe Post Office, 1046 Al Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
- Myers Post Office, 1285 Apache Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
- Tahoe Valley Post Office, 950 Emerald Bay Road, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
- Carson City Post Office, 1111 S. Roop Street, Carson City, NV 89701; Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Customers normally served by the following post offices are directed to the Diamond Springs Post Office for mail pickup:
- Grizzly Flats Post Office, 4991 Sciaroni Road, Grizzly Flats, CA 95636
- Pollock Pines Post Office, 2669 Sanders Drive, Pollock Pines, CA 95726
- Kyburz Post Office, 13672 Highway 50, Kyburz, CA 95720
- Twin Bridges Post Office, 17481 Highway 50, Twin Bridges, CA 95735
- Somerset Post Office, 6040 Grizzly Flat Road, Somerset, CA 95684
- Diamond Springs Post Office, 4946 Pleasant Valley Road, Diamond Springs, CA 95619; Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
As of August 31, the Tahoma Post Office at 7000 Westlake Blvd. has been evacuated and will be temporarily closed due to the Caldor fire.
During this closure, postal mail will be available and retail services offered at the Homewood Post Office at 5375, boul. Westlake. at Homewood.
Copyright 2021 KOLO. All rights reserved.